weight lose bar

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Baby Spencer

Well here I am sitting down to write you all about Spencer's birth! As I am writing this my little man is sleeping. And my big boy is watching Spongebob. I have been having high blood pressure as all you know, so my doctor had a big test to see if Spencer was ready to be born. After getting the ok that he was the doctor thought it was best to take him early then the 16th. I was scared and excited. Monday morning came around and I had to be at the hospital by 5:00 am. I was not able to sleep at all, when it was time to go we all guessed how big the baby would be. As we got to the hospital and I was being prepped for the C-Section I was very excited. As they wheeled me into the OR I was thinking soon I would be able to hear the sweet cry of my baby. Now as you all know we had four ultrasounds that said we were having a little girl as I was so prepared with tons of pink! As the doctor was opening me up, it took longer because of all the scar tissue lefted from my first c-section. Most of the time you only have a four inch, but I had to be cute almost 9 inches to get pass off the scar tissue. Now take in mind the whole time my doctor was joking with us we where having a boy just to ease the fact that it was taking longer. The time came for them to pull out our baby. Now I wish you could of heard the doctors when they pulled him out and out came a boy. the shock in everyone voices and my husband face. I did not believe them at all until Stephen confirmed it. Now I have to tell you I was shock! Not disappointed at all! My questions where being asked and I was not able to answer anything. It was not until I saw my little Spencer that i know my family was complete! I was meant to have a boy and not a girl. The moment they brought Spencer to Stephen and he got to hold him I knew it was all ok. I was able to kiss him before they lefted to do all the weighing and measuring. As I was getting sewed back up i had tons of time to just think. Why did we never see his penis, why where we meant to think we where having a girl? Why did I get some many pink things! I had no answer until later when I hold Spencer in my arm for the first time, I honestly felt complete. Spencer was born at 7:28 am, weighing 7lbs and 6 oz and 19.6 inches long. He is very sweet and only cries when he is wet, or needs to eat. He is sleeping already three hours a time between feedings, just a great little boy. Now how did we not know he was a boy, this is where the story is funny. The reason it would always show a girl and not a boy is because the cord was wrapped around his penis thus only showing the cord. This is only a 1% chance that it happened anymore. I laughed because if it was going to happen to anyone it would to us! Now my biggest thing was he would have no clothes! But my wonderful mommy went and got and exchanged all of it for cute little boy clothes! I am doing ok, very sore and very tried, but I am taking it easy and listening to the doctors orders. Thank you all for your prayers, we have really felt them and they have really helped. Here are just a few pictures I will upload more later. Love you all, the odairs






20 comments:

gretablau said...

aw he's a sweetie!! glad you're okay and sorry it was harder than expected! Take care of yourself, Mama!!

Jessica said...

He is so very cute! What a relief that your Mom was able to exchange the clothes. Hope you keep healing well!

justicecw said...

What a cutie!!! Congratulations on your big surprise. :)

Unknown said...

So big and wonderful Amanda. He's definitely a keeper. Hugs to you both!

I was told my youngest DD would be a boy.. ROFL... then later at the last ultrasound "oooops we were wrong its a girl"

Had already painted room blue and everything haa haa...

Ethridge Fam said...

SOOOOOOO cute. I love him already and cannot wait to hug and snuggle him. I am glad you guys are doing good. Thanks for writing this it is such a great story. You better keep you eye on this one if he is up to trickery now. Just kiddin he sounds like the sweetest baby. Give him an extra hug and kiss for us.

Laila @OnlyLaila said...

He is adorable! Glad that everything went well with the c-section, albeit the surprise of having a little boy! Best wishes to you and your family this week.

Adams said...

I know I just held him today, but can't wait to hold him again. He really is such a sweet little boy.

Lena B said...

Best wishes and good lucks. Your boy is so precious. Enjoy your boys!

Anonymous said...

OMG! He is adorable! Congrats Amanda!

bookieboo said...

He's perfect. Eatable. XXOO

Andrea Kruse said...

Just a beautiful little guy! I had 2 C-sections and can understand the excitement and being scared all at the same time.

Congrats Mama on your beautiful accomplishment!

Colleen said...

ohh congratulations! Spencer is adorable! I know as I am finishing up my last few weeks I am bit nervous about my girl being a boy. I would be excited either way and it wouldnt be a huge deal, I would just have to do some swapping of rooms the crib is in, and look for some boys clothes. I am already planning on packing both girls and boys bring home clothes just in case. This happened to my little sister too.

anyways...it must have been something to have the doctor be joking around before and actually have a boy...I am sure his expression is one you wont forget.

Glad you both are doing good, now go get some rest!

~Lori~ said...

Congrats! he is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful. Rest up and be a good girl!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the beautiful new addition to your family!

MNMSpecial said...

He is so cute! What a special surprise for your family. Hopefully you quickly heal well and can pick up with the goals you set before you went in.

kia said...

You are still in my prayers, thoughts, etc. with your recovery from that incision and the bruising. I am proud of you Amanda. Of course the 1% chance of something funny happening had to happen to you. He is healthy, and gorgeous. I am happy for your family.

LissaL said...

I am so glad to hear that you and a Surprise baby Spencer are doing well. He is so cute & I am so happy for you & your family.

Anonymous said...

Well, isn't that just the sweetest surprise ever. Congratulations! He's a handsome one!

Unknown said...

Congrats hes a cutie and i hope you all are very happy enjoy this time of rest

lorrie
http://150by40.wordpress.com