weight lose bar

Monday, December 27, 2010

New beginnings

Ok so first off I am posting my Christmas blog a little later getting pictures all downloaded. Now when I say this has been a week you just wait and see! It all started on Monday night when we had Chicken for dinner just remember this when I explain and tell you the rest of our week. That night was my Nephews Levi birthday party he turned 8 and it was just such a  great time seeing him and listening to him all ready to be Baptizes and to know that he has been truly taught by his wonderful parents and teachers at church about it. We had tons of fun and I only ate half a cupcake way to sugary. On the way home I didn't feel any different and was just ready to get home as it was going to be a crazy busy week. Stephen had to work all week and I am still getting use to having two kids. Tuesday Morning I woke up and my throat was killing me I went to take my morning pills and had a hard time shallowing them down, but I honestly thought it was just because I just gotten up. I was to busy to really eat anything so I just helped fix lunch and at 11:30 when the ham came out of the oven and was being cut I took a bite of bread and waited for the ham to be ready. I felt like the bread got stuck so I went to the bathroom ro throw it back up. I have bad acid reflex and have times this happens. I went to take a drink to make sure it really cleared when I wasn't able to shallow the water down. I spent the next hour in the bathroom trying again to get the piece of bread up. After an hour I thought it has to be dissolved by now. I tried the water again the same thing happened. I was not sure what to do, but I had to take care of Spencer as Spencer was at work so I was honestly spitting in a glass or sink because I couldn't;t get it to go down. When Stephen got home I told him what happen he told me to try to sleep and see if maybe it was just so tense I tried to sleep when I woke up trying to breath as I was choking. I knew at that point something was wrong. I had him give me a blessing and off to the ER we went. We got there at 5:00pm between 5:00 to 1:00 I stayed in the ER as they tried to find out what was wrong. My frist doctor on call there did;tt hink anything was wrong at all as he saw I could use my mussel and that means I was ok. He took xrays of my throat to see what was wrong and they had me try to shallow this horrible stuff! There found a huge mass on my thyroid. So when I got back to my room I had a new Dr. Cox! He was wonderful! He listened to me and did all he could to find out what was wrong a ct later and some more xrays found out I had a blockage in my throat. My Doctor was on a date with his wife in a town an hour and half away and Dr. Cox called him and he call to do a scope on me to see what was wrong. Yeah he is wonderful! As I sat there waiting for it happened I was so scared at what they found find, would it be bad maybe it was just something stupid it had to be right I was young only 28~ Well I found out many things, first off I have to get my thyroid tested for many different things and see if drugs will make it smaller, also I found out it is part of my problem of gaining weight as it is not working at all. Second as the DR. was doing the scope he was 95% positive I have Crones which is why I have been having so many problems, including thinking I was having hearth attacks, the bowl movement problems, and other things I have had problems with. I found out on Thursday the results of the test and honestly I am not scared. There is no cue for Crones, but with Medians, diet, and exercises you can control it. There will always be times I have bad flair ups and times it will knock me out, but I will survive. I have to remember that Heavenly Father does not give us any problems we can not handle. There is a chance as being a women of getting breast cancer, but we can;t live by that scare. I will not let this rule me, or make me live my life different. Yes many things have to change and that is fine with me. I have been making changes and these are not any different, but I know my family will always be there for me. My husband Stephen will be there to support me. That my two sons Logan and Spencer will grow up with a mommy who loves them and wants to be healthy for them. So many times we only think of these problems and trials as ends and not as beginnings, that is what I am looking at them now. New beginnings  . New times to because a new me. I can;t keep this weight on me and stay healthy I have to change for my boys and my DH. My doctor is very positive I will lose weight when my mass is removed I was talking to Stephen about it and one of my goals was to have him carry me one day, he said honey it doesn;t matter to me I love you no matter what, but when you lose weight I will be proud of you! Speaking of losing weight I now weight 215 which is now 30lbs from the time I have had Spencer six weeks ago. Without the support of you all there is no way I would of ever been able to do this! Thank you all for this and know you are in my thoughts and prayers daily! Amanda

4 comments:

Lena B said...

Amanda, I am here to help. Email me or tweet whenever. Support is a great thing - you just have to starting using it. Would you like to join one of the upcoming challenges? Let me know if there is anything I can do

Anonymous said...

Holy COW what a story! I'm so inspired that you looked at this as a reason to take control of your health and your body, and not to crumble in fear. I have a feeling we'll be reading about many great accomplishments from you in the upcoming year!

Nate, Marie & Lilly said...

Well if you ever need any information on crone's let me know. My dad has a very VERY severe case and they didn't even find out he had it until he was in his 40s. Take Care of yourself.

Casey@LoveWhatIs said...

That sounds like a very scary experience! I'm glad you had a doctor who was able to help you through it.