weight lose bar

Monday, August 9, 2010

Walking my butt off in New York!

Hello All my lovely mom! How I have missed you all on twitter, facebook, and IRL. As most of you know I went to blogher for four full, fun, tried day! I honestly only used a taxi or shuttle four times the whole time I was there! I loved the way everyone walks, it didn't matter what size you where you just walked everywhere! I knew I would love a few pounds, but never in my life did I think 5! I mean being pregnant I thought I would be ok, and not get as tried as some said, but man I was! I ate good food there and made very good choices! I just made it a top choice of my to eat right! I mean yes I was on Vacation, but I really did;t need that extra cookie! I got to meet so many amazing women there and walked away with tons of new friends! I was so so so happy to finally meet LEAH! When you get the chance meet her! She is honestly such a kind caring women who loves us all. She is always striving to help everyone out, (and honestly guys she was super busy!!!) I loved being her helper and will do it again in a heartbeat! Now ladies New York was CRAZY! I honestly thought I would die or give birth in the back seat of a taxi every time! Which is why I walked. Here's a little story for you all I was able to go to tons of party's and find friends everywhere, but one party was 15 blocks away, I did not want to spend the money for a taxi so I walked there with some others. I loved the laughs and comments of come on guys the pregnant women is out walking us! If any of you knew my sister Alisa you would know she ALWAYS speed walks, I thought of all the times I would tell her that, and thought wow I am now the person leaving them all in the dust! I know that with out Mamavation, I would of been the lazy people who rode the taxis the whole time, but I wasn't! I learned tons about myself and what I can really do. I am so thankful for all you ladies who help me daily! You all know who you are. And Lori which by the way is giving away free Avon this week (would love to win that hint hint) I took your spot of being Leahs gal, not sure if I did a good enough job, but it was nice! Trust me ladies if a six month pregnant women can walk 30 blocks so can you! I honestly did leave my buns in New York City! 
P.S. Sorry sis I looked everywhere for Glenn he was no where!  

13 comments:

Colleen said...

Sounds awesome...great job! Its been a few years but loved walking around in NYC too.

Lisa Johnston said...

Isn't it amazing what walking around a city can do for your body! :) How awesome!

SO glad you had a good time!

Have a great week!

Krista said...

Glad you had a great time in New York! Good job for making good choices & walking so much.

Laura said...

I am so jealous of you guys getting to go to NYC... I went to school in NY so my best friend is in the city and I miss him!

I am so glad you got to walk a lot! Isn't it different? It's not a casual walk either ... its a "get out of my way - you better not slow me down" kinda walk... haha

Glad you had fun!And lost some weight!

Laura @SeeLauraRun

jennydecki said...

Congratulations on all that walking! I'm so happy you were able to leave everyone in the dust (in a good way!)

David Adams said...

I'm crying my buns off over here.......oh, Glenny Poo.....

David Adams said...

oops! That was me, Alisa....not David.....or just maybe Glenn has a new stalker.....

bookieboo said...

You were my life saver there. I heart you FOREVER!!! XXOO

Unknown said...

Good job on all that walking! Your doing amazing!

kia said...

I am so proud of you Amanda. You have been very committed through your pregnancy and it is showing. I wouldn't be surprised if you feel healthier now than you did before you became pregnant.

Roxy said...

Neat! I bet there was a lot to do and see. I hope to make my way over to NY someday. Kicking myself for not taking the opportunity when I had the chance.

I'm glad you had a good time and congrats on the 5lbs!!

Jessica said...

wow, go Amanda! Way to be an amazing example to the other women! I'm so very proud of you!

Pamela M. Kramer - A Renaissance Woman said...

Oh yea! Walking around New York is the best. Keep up the good work.