weight lose bar

Monday, July 19, 2010

what a week

I love Birthday! You know its always nice to be able to celebrate that date with others. A day that is for that person! Well honestly i like to just celebrate things. My old roommate and I would celebrate anything, happy half birthday your almost old! We just liked having parties. Well I have been thinking of things and wondering why we don't celebrate more things in our lives. Like the time you passed on dessert, or the time you said no to that extra serving. Instead we look at things that happened that are bad. Oh my I ate two piece of toast this morning instead of one, I am so bad and need everyone to know that I was bad. But why do we do that? Why do we beat ourselves up so much. Here's what I mean, I haven't gained anything this pregnancy and have lost a total of almost 25 lbs, then this last week some how weight has been pored on me, I noticed I gained 3lbs in two whole weeks! I was so depressed and thought why did it happened yes I did have those cookies and chocolate cake but a birthday. I honestly got myself down because of it and thought wow I am so fat now. Then my wonderful husband reminded me something honey you are pregnant which is not a reason to gain tons of weight, but you knew it would happen. I said a quick prayer and thanks heavenly father for giving me a healthy pregnancy and have now let it go! I have thought why was it I was so upset and have noticed it was because we are always so bent to make ourselves hate when we do something bad. But I think we need to celebrate more the times we do good things, or the time we do something bad but make it better. If we are willing to do that then think about how much greater we will feel about ourselves! So never time you do something your proud of celebrate!
Love you all,
Amanda
This week is sponsor by chiquita which I think have the best fruit around! yummy!

12 comments:

jennydecki said...

I agree. Celebrate your wins, get past the stuff you don't consider a win and get back on the lookout for another win! Love the blog :)

kia said...

Amanda, you are a rock star. Your husband is right to give you a reality check about the weight and being pregnant. With me I dropped, then maintained that weight for a while, then out of nowhere I put on some pounds. I mean my eating habits did not change, I was not eating more. It was just a matter that somewhere in my process it was time for my body to put on some pounds, then I would maintain that weight for a while.

Rachel @RunningRachel said...

Hi there. Just think of the sudden 3 lb weight gain as an affirmation that YOU are eating HEALTHY and that your BABY is growing HEALTHY and STRONG! :) That 3lb could be all baby... :) Hugs... have a great week!

lovelyritaann said...

You are growing a healthy baby! Think of it that way and you are all good girl!

~Lori~ said...

You rock my love! I think you are doing fantastic for a preggo mama! Head up!

Lisa Johnston said...

What a SWEET post and a wonderful reminder to celebrate the small things!

Thanks for this post! I really needed it.

HuGS love! You're doing wonderfully!

The Maniacal Matron - @MMScarlett said...

When you get down, simply count your blessings. That is how I save my sanity 99% of the time!

Have a great week

Momma On The Run said...

Dont get down on yourself your doing fantastic. Your taking care of that sweet baby in there! Keep it up!

Rachel said...

Beautiful reminder -- and Rachel (the other Rachel, lol), is right. That gain is an affirmation of a growing baby . . . and that is a good thing!

Anonymous said...

You're doing great! Keep celebrating your victories! Those are what get us moving closer to our ultimate goals. The setbacks are minor and don't deserve the attention we give them!

Have a great week :)

Steph (@stephhamm154)

Unknown said...

Hang in there, girl! You've got a baby growing!

bookieboo said...

Didn't your doctor say that you could very healthily gain 15 lbs. with this pregnancy? Ahhh, I think you are within that range. I know exactly how you feel. After I lost all my weight and got pregnant again, the weight just crept up on me. I was eating right and doing Tae Bo, but it still did. So what did I do? I worked it all off AGAIN. Just don't beat yourself up. You'll get through this pregnancy, and if you are eating what you are supposed to and exercising, no one is to blame for weight gain. It's part of what your body naturally wants to do for whatever reason. Then you have the baby and work your ass off. That's all. XXOO